At MattaKis, we were building cross platform mobile applications for 7 years for both legacy platforms (J2ME, classic BlackBerry) and new platforms (Android, iOS and BlackBerry 10). While creating a cross platform application can be a challenge, the benefits are huge: using reusing the same source code on multiple platforms can reduce the development costs significantly.
Based on our experience with cross platform mobile apps, we created a new development tool, that allows developers to write iOS apps in the Java or Scala language. Migeran's unique features include:
- Java runtime based on Android ART
- A new Java to native library with automated native binding generation
- Complete support for the iOS and Java APIs
- Eclipse and Xcode integration
- Debugging and testing support: both on the simulator and on real devices
For more information about Migeran, visit http://www.migeran.com.
If you are interested in building an application with Migeran, and target both Android and iOS at the same time, contact us, we will be happy to help you out.